Friday, September 14, 2007

Weigh-In Week 14




234! That's what it said on the scale this morning. A loss of 2.4 lbs.! And 14 straight weeks of loss.

I feel really good about this week. Over the last two weeks I have finally settled in to a way of life that feels sustainable. I'm obsessing less over what I eat. I still track my calories everyday, but I don't feel like I need to be so uptight about what I eat. I have come to a point where this is my regular diet vs. being on a diet. My body knows what it needs now. And exercise has started to become more routine. Less of a chore and more just part of my every day. Let's hope I didn't just jinx myself by talking about it.

I realized this morning that this is very close to the weight where I first started thinking I needed to lose weight. My first major push to drop a few pounds came during the year leading up to my wedding, which would have been 8 years ago. It's amazing that I have accomplished in 6 months what I have been trying to do for 8 years. And it's all because of the help and support I get from you! Thank you.

Another thing I realized this morning, those large white t-shirts are starting to fit pretty comfortably. Unfortunately, my only remaining pair of jeans are starting get a little big. May have to hit the outlet mall this weekend.

This weeks winner is Cousin Angie! She guessed 2.4 right on the money and with a whopping 13 votes this week we will for sure be giving Angie a prize. Angie for your keen ability to forecast the future of my shrinking mass I will be sending you a copy of this months Cooking Light magazine. I am sure Cousin Josh will be very excited!

Have a great weekend everybody!

Tony
9/14: 234 lbs.
Goal: 220 lbs.
14 lbs. to go

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations!! I was really close.
Love Mom

ElleTeeJay said...

Hurray for you, sweetie! You are doing so well. I think the strength training is really starting to show, especially your abs.

Here's my update:
Loss this week: 3.2
Total weight loss: 25.6
GOAL: 25 total pounds lost by the end of September...ACHIEVED!
2.9 pounds to reach my next goal by October 15.

In addition, I had the chance to do a little shopping last weekend and was able to comfortably fit into pants two sizes smaller than I was wearing last winter. I haven't been a size 16 since I moved to Minnespolis in 1999...amazing! In fact, I am probably within 5 pounds of what I weighed when we got married.

Pair that with my new short haircut, and I'm starting to feel like a new woman!

Anonymous said...

Yippee!!! I finally guessed right!! I am so proud of you Tony, you really are a daily inspiration to me! :-)

Em said...

Laura! You go girl. Woot! Now, I have to do the same.

Way to go, Tony. Seriously, you look like a new man!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to both you and Laura!!
I'll see less of both of you tonight
dad