Thursday, September 13, 2007

Guess How Much I Weigh Contest - Week 14

I have gotten complacent in my strength training and my body sculpting has not been as pronounced as I had hoped. So, I started a new strength training workout last night. It kicked my butt, but not nearly as hard as I thought it would.

Here is the new Workout:

Push ups /2 Sets/ 12-15 Reps
Dolphin Pose / 2 Sets / 12-15 Reps
Plank / :30 seconds
Crunches / 2 Sets / 12-15 Reps
Crunches with Twist / 2 Sets / 12-15 Reps
Reverse Crunch / 2 Sets / 12-15 Reps
Pendulum / 2 Sets / 12-15 Reps
Lying Straight Leg Raises / 2 Sets / 12-15 Reps
Balancing Seated Twist with Medicine Ball / 2 Sets / 12-15 Reps
Lunge & Twist with Medicine Ball / 2 Sets / 12-15 Reps
Squats with Medicine Ball / 2 Sets / 12-15 Reps
Dumbbell Flys / 2 Sets / 12-15 Reps
Dumbbell Chest Press / 2 Sets / 12-15 Reps
Alternating Dumbbell Biceps Curls / 2 Sets / 12-15 Reps
Dumbbell Hammer Curls / 2 Sets / 12-15 Reps
Upright Dumbbell Rows / 2 Sets / 12-15 Reps
Calf Rocking with Dumbbells / 2 Sets / 12-15 Reps

Here is what I managed to accomplish last night.

Push ups /2 Sets/ 15 Reps
Dolphin Pose / 2 Sets / 12 Reps
Plank / :30 seconds
Crunches / 2 Sets / 15 Reps
Crunches with Twist / 2 Sets / 15 Reps
Reverse Crunch / 1 Set / 12 Reps
Pendulum / 1 Set / 12 Reps
Lying Straight Leg Raises / 1 Set / 10 Reps
Balancing Seated Twist with Medicine Ball / 1 Set / 12 Reps
Lunge & Twist with Medicine Ball / 2 Sets / 12 Reps
Squats with Medicine Ball / 2 Sets / 12 Reps
Dumbbell Flys / 2 Sets / 12 Reps
Dumbbell Chest Press / 2 Sets / 12 Reps
Alternating Dumbbell Biceps Curls / 2 Sets / 12 Reps
Dumbbell Hammer Curls / 1 Sets / 12 Reps
Upright Dumbbell Rows / 2 Sets / 12 Reps
Calf Rocking with Dumbbells / 2 Sets / 12
Reps

I used two 25 pound weights for all the weight stuff except the Upright Rows. Those I did with 10 pound weights. I used a 5 pound medicine ball for all the medicine all stuff. I may do a little more tweaking based on something my dad sent me this morning. The goal is to get better at doing this routine a minimum of three times a week. Washboard abs here I come!

Step right up, step right up.
Guess how much I weigh and win a fabulous prize.


To Recap:
Every Thursday I give you my stats for the week and you guess what you think the scale will say on Friday morning. The winner is the first person who guesses my weight / weight loss for the week without going over or the person who is closest without going over. Go ahead and click on comments at the bottom of this post and leave your guess.

I will post the winner when I post my weight on Fri. morning. If we get ten or more guesses I will have a prize for the winner.

Stats for the week of September 10th.

Walked / Ran: 11.1 miles

Calories Consumed: From Thursday morning through Wed. night I have consumed aprox. 14392 calories.

Calories Burned: From Thursday morning through Wed. night I have burned aprox. 27636 calories.

34% of my calories have come from fat.
9% of those calories came from Saturated Fats.

45% of my calories came from carbs.

21% of my calories came from protein.


Let the guessing begin. Good Luck!


Tony
9/13: 236.4 lbs.
Goal: 220 lbs.
16.4 lbs. to go

p.s. Don't forget you can subscribe to the e-mail edition of Guess How Much I Weigh . Simply enter your e-mail address in the space to the right.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to guess now since I'm going to be gone for the rest of the week. 3.6 lb loss

Em said...

Hmmm.... 2.6 is my guess.

Good luck this week, Tony!

Anonymous said...

3.0 lbs this week!!
~Teresa

Anonymous said...

I think you are going to lose 2.6 lbs this week.

Sue

Anonymous said...

2.4 LBS this week! Good Luck Tony!!

ElleTeeJay said...

I'm going with 2.2 pounds. Good luck, sweetie!

Anonymous said...

I will take 2 Lbs of Tony nicely wrapped.
Dad

Anonymous said...

3.2 lbs - good luck!
Heather

Anonymous said...

I bet the streak continues, with a loss of 1.8lbs. Good luck. Katie C.

Anonymous said...

1.0lbs. I think that you will do better than this but I am late in guessing and my odds are better down here. I hope I don't win this week!

Anonymous said...

Um.....I'm going with 1.5...because maybe you're adding a bit of muscle this week. Which is worth more!

Anonymous said...

I'm going with 2.3 this week. Good luck.
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

From Mike & Donna Hirschman
Way to go Tony. We're guessing 1.7 lbs this week. Keep up the good work!