Monday, July 2, 2007

Yardworking It

I am bruised and battered! My lovey wife and I spent the weekend being weekend warriors. I think we won the war but our yard got in some good blows. I woke up this morning way more sore than I should be. Hopefully that is a sign that the yard work was good exercise.


We started by removing the huge bush in your front yard that my lovely wife has wanted gone from the day we moved in. She took care of the chainsawing and I played the roll of pack mule.







Then we mulched the gardens.










We cleaned the patio and blew up the girls new pool.

A short break in the pool and then back to work.



We also installed some new lights on the front of the house










and hung new curtains in the basement.




Aside from wearing me out, all of this work required many trips to the hardware store and recycling dump. Trips that in past would have seeing me stopping off for candy bars and fast food a number of times during the weekend. This weekend I made one stop, for water and a diet coke. The best part is I wasn't even tempted.



Tony
6/27: 265 lbs.
Goal: 220 lbs.
45 lbs. to go

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good. Like the new lights
Dad

Anonymous said...

Everything looks wonderful at your house.I'm sure it was a lot of work. I'm proud of you for changing the bad habits of stopping for treats. Keep up the good work. I am your biggest supporter.
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

I won't have a computer after today, so I am guessing early for Friday. 3.1 pounds is my guess this week. Good luck.
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

The yard and lights look great - plus you got a work out! Nice job - Heather

ElleTeeJay said...

Correction...I am Tony's biggest supporter. I've got at least forty pounds on Tony's mom.