Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Late Night Snack

I made a good decision last night. It's sad when making one good decision is headline worthy.

I've been having trouble getting over the late evening snacking habit I developed over the holidays. Once again last night I was hit with a snack craving despite a substantial and delicious dinner of chicken and Gnocchi.

By some divine intervention I was struck with an inspiration right before I reached for a cookie. My craving miraculously turned from cookies to apples and Carmel. My wife had recently bought some small, fat free caramel dipper cups for the girls and it turned out to be just the yummy snack I needed... made all the sweeter by the knowledge that I had made a healthier decision.

I feel like this is going to be a good week for me.

Tony

4 comments:

ElleTeeJay said...

I was so proud of you last night, sweetie! Hope you're looking forward to BBQ chicken pizza tonight!

Andrew is getting fit said...

Gnocchi, BBQ chicken pizza...boy I wish I was having some of what you're eating!

Tony said...

It helps to have an awesome wife who doubles as a personal chef. We have had a dinner renaissance at our house since the New Year and I for one am loving it!

Ron said...

Sounds like you are having a great week!... Awesome, keep it up!