Thursday, January 29, 2009

Guess How Much I Weigh Contest - Week 82

I'm going to be honest with you. I am a little scared right now. Things feel like they are falling a part. I am not going to let that happen.

As you can tell I have managed to lose control of my weight. This week was supposed to be about getting back on track, but things aren't shaping up that way. Instead I am going to be lucky if I can get back under 230 for tomorrow. 230!!!! That is unbelievable to me. It was not that long ago that I was convinced I would never see 220 again and now suddenly I am back at 230.

And it's effecting my running as well. I am still getting in my miles, but my endurance has seriously suffered. Last summer I was doing 8 mile runs, now I can barely get to 3 miles without needing a walk break.

I know I have said this a lot over the last year but it is time for a re-commitment. I can not and will not let myself waste everything I have accomplished.

The one shining light in all this is I know I have changed. Even in the face of failure I have continued to work out and I have avoided binging. The old me is long gone for sure. Problem is the new me has not taken strong enough root yet, leaving me in a bit a of a limbo world. Time to plant myself firm and get to some positive growth again...or positive loss as the case may be.

More on a plan of action tomorrow.

Step right up, step right up.
Guess how much I weigh and win a fabulous prize.


To Recap:
Every Thursday I give you my stats for the week and you guess what you think the scale will say on Friday morning. The winner is the first person who guesses my weight / weight loss for the week without going over or the person who is closest without going over. Go ahead and click on comments at the bottom of this post and leave your guess.

I will post the winner when I post my weight on Fri. morning. If we get ten or more guesses I will have a prize for the winner.

Let the guessing begin. Good Luck!


Tony
230
NEW GOAL: 208
Lots to go

8 comments:

Andrew is getting fit said...

I'm not guessing as it's no fun when you're going up.

I'm glad you've realised things are not going so well. I think the blog helps with that?

Try making good decisions for an hour at a time. That's what I do when I'm struggling. I stop focusing on weeks and start focusing on days, hours or even minutes sometimes.

Tony said...

Thanks Andrew. That's good advice.

Anonymous said...

Last week we had a speaker on Health and wellness. He talked about making small changes in your life style. Big changes are hard to keep. So call this your new base and start to make some small changes. Then build off of that. You have made some great changes in the last year+ with your work outs and no binging. You still need to work on eating the right foods, more fruits and veggies.
A new goal is the St Patrick's day race on 3/14. It is coming fast.

.4 Lb lost
Love Dad

Anonymous said...

I am voting even from last week. I don't think you will gain, and then next week I will guess a big loss.
Nana Heather

Anonymous said...

Tony - I have not voted the last few weeks, but I am still following along. You can do this, winter is harder, you need good momentum and then the spring will be more fun.

Teresa

Ron said...

Tony,
Its really a lifestyle change you work on one day at a time. Hang in there and keep at it.. and you will do fine!

Tony said...

Thanks Ron.

Thanks Teresa.

I am by no means giving up. Just some little bumps in the road. That's all.

Anonymous said...

I know how hard it is for you, and I don't have any answers. This winter has dragged on too long and it is making us all loose our motivation. Moderation in everything is the way to go. Always be prepared with good snacks. I never go anywhere without food in my purse. You will get there, I know it.
Love Mom
Loss of 1 lb.