Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Good News, Bad News

I had every intention of posting yesterday...but yesterday turned into one of the crummiest days on record. In fact it started out crummy then had some crappy piled on and ended with a whole load of pure suckiness.

The worst news is my back is out again. After painting the house all day Friday and Saturday I woke up with a sore back on Sunday and by Monday I was barely able to get off the couch.

I landed at the chiropractor yesterday and I am feeling a little better but it's looking like no running again this week.

Which really sucks because I had an awesome run on Sunday. I made my first 7-mile run!!! My dad and I hit the road on Sunday morning and made a 7-mile loop in 1 hour and 14 minutes. No records were broken, but it was an amazing run nonetheless.

I know I keep saying this, but never in a million years did I think I would be running 7-miles.

I am learning I really like having someone to run with on these long runs. Since we were running a slightly slower pace, my dad and I were able to chat the whole time which made the miles fly by.

I think I am going to have to find some running partners for my Sunday runs.

The other big news this weekend was my daughter Ellie attempting to water ski. Did I mention she is only 2-1/2?

I'll post some pictures and tell the story later. Busy week here in The Twin Cities! And I'm not even protesting the RNC.

I'm off to the chiropractor again.

Tony
09/03 217.2 lbs
NEW GOAL: 208
9.2 lbs. to go

1 comment:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Sorry to hear about your back. I hope it heals rapidly.

And congratulations on the long run! I agree, having someone to run with definitely makes the miles sail by.