Thursday, August 28, 2008

Guess How Much I Weigh Contest - Week 63

It would seem that my attempts to ride my bike to work are cursed.

On Tuesday night Laura and I had a rare date night so she picked me up at work with the plan that I would ride my bike in Wed. morning.

Wed. morning we awoke to the sound of thunder and pouring rain. I contemplated calling a cab, but by the time I had to leave the rain seemed to have subsided.

I was wrong.

I had only gotten about 5 minutes from home when the skies opened up and drenched me with 15 minutes of hard stinging rain.

My one saving grace was going to be the fact that I had finally printed out a map of my rote to work so for once I wasn't going to get lost and I didn't.

Unfortunately I found my "perfect route" completely ripped up by construction so I had to make a detour once again.

And then.... about a half mile from work I got a flat tire on my bike! Talk about insulting injury. I walked it in, tired, soaked and dirty.

There is a very good chance that was my last attempt to ride to work this year.

The rest of the week has gone well. It looks like I am heading for a good loss this week.

Although it is turning out to be a little harder to get my running back on track. Tues. I did a short 2 mile run and I thought I was going to die. Hopefully today's 5 mile run goes a little better.

Step right up, step right up.
Guess how much I weigh and win a fabulous prize.


To Recap:
Every Thursday I give you my stats for the week and you guess what you think the scale will say on Friday morning. The winner is the first person who guesses my weight / weight loss for the week without going over or the person who is closest without going over. Go ahead and click on comments at the bottom of this post and leave your guess.

I will post the winner when I post my weight on Fri. morning. If we get ten or more guesses I will have a prize for the winner.

Let the guessing begin. Good Luck!

Tony
08/28 219.2 lbs
NEW GOAL: 208
11.2 lbs. to go

p.s. Don't forget you can subscribe to the e-mail edition of Guess How Much I Weigh . Simply enter your e-mail address in the space to the right.Tony

8 comments:

Unknown said...

2.2 lb lost!

Anonymous said...

2.6 lb loss
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

1.2 loss
Sister Sarah

Anonymous said...

1.8 lbs
Dad

Anonymous said...

Guessing 0.8 lbs loss.

Have a great holiday weekend!

~Nato

Anonymous said...

2.4 lb loss!

~Teresa

Unknown said...

3.4. I bet the state fair food will just melt off of you.

Nick

Andrew is getting fit said...

.2 loss.