Thursday, April 3, 2008

Guess How Much I Weigh Contest - Week 43

Back from vacation and feeling rested and relaxed.

We had a wonderful time. As much as I love and missed my girls, it sure was nice to sit in a restaurant for 3 hours with no fear of tantrums or broken china...well almost no fear.


We were in Hilton Head, South Carolina. A beautiful island 45 minutes from Savannah Georgia. It was the perfect place for this vacation. A low key kind of town with plenty to keep us busy but absolutely nothing that we had to do.


I got up the first morning with two of our traveling companions and ran to the ocean. It was such an amazing way to start the day, we decide to do it every morning. So I got in 3 runs and a couple of bike rides while we were gone.

My lovely wife did great too and got to the gym a few times along with some bike rides and walks to the beach. We even spent some time riding on the beach. That was a new one for me but highly enjoyable.

I could easily spend a few years living on Hilton head Island... assuming I was rich and didn't have to work or anything.

Despite the active vacation lifestyle, my goal of coming back lighter than when we left didn't work out so well. Most of the non active parts of our vacation were spent in restaurants or in the hot tub with a beer. I thought I was earning all my calories but the scale this morning says otherwise.

On the last night we ended up in a restaurant that served some of the craziest cuisine I have ever seen, including this hamburger toped with chicken wings.


I won't tell you who ordered it but it wasn't me!


I'll have to hit it hard starting next week if I want to be in shape for the 5k on May 3rd.

Step right up, step right up.
Guess how much I weigh and win a fabulous prize.


To Recap:
Every Thursday I give you my stats for the week and you guess what you think the scale will say on Friday morning. The winner is the first person who guesses my weight / weight loss for the week without going over or the person who is closest without going over. Go ahead and click on comments at the bottom of this post and leave your guess.


I will post the winner when I post my weight on Fri. morning. If we get ten or more guesses I will have a prize for the winner.


Let the guessing begin. Good Luck!


Tony
04/03: 218 lbs
NEW GOAL: 208
10 lbs. to go

p.s. Don't forget you can subscribe to the e-mail edition of Guess How Much I Weigh . Simply enter your e-mail address in the space to the right.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

1.0 gain.
Sister Sarah

Anonymous said...

How could you not have mentioned the funnel-cake fried Oreos... oh.. denial is a beautiful thing.. that, and if you had reached for the last one, I might have bite your hand off..

So despite not having bitten off your hand, I'm going to 'weigh in' with a guess of 0.3 lbs loss. (Never say I'm not optimistically supportive..)

Just think, if we had used the golf segways, you would have burned fewer calories on the course..

~Nato

Anonymous said...

I am going with a 2lb gain...only because of the vacation food! :-)

cousin angie

ElleTeeJay said...

Mmmm...fried Oreos...I've been thinking about them all day.

Anonymous said...

.000002Lb lost
A little is better than nothing.
Now go find a scale that is that accurate.
You had some fun and that is great, now get back to the goals you've set.
Dad

Anonymous said...

We did have some good activity (run, bike..) everyday, but I must have missed the hamburger joint and the fried Oreos!

I will give you a small vacation gain - 1.2, but very worth it!
~Teresa

Anonymous said...

.2 loss.
Love Mom

Laura N said...

Ooh I'm so jealous! A vacation away from the kids to a beachy island...sweet. Who cares if you have a gain. It will be totally worth it, and not as bad as it could have been b/c of those runs (great job!) and bike rides. Hope you can get back into the swing of normal life without too much trama.

Anonymous said...

No one can successfully diet continuously. Breaks are good for the spirit. I'm glad that you both had a great time because you deserve it. It gives you something to look forward to on your next vacation. I enjoyed your pictures.

NotAppealing said...

Vacationing can be harder work than it seems. I vote 2lb loss.