Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Still Working At It

Hey it's me. Remember me? So I've been gone for a few weeks. It may feel like I have abounded this space and my attempts to continue my weight loss journey but I haven't.

I'm still slugging away. I'm hitting the gym or the trail 5 days a week. I'm still training for my 3 triathlons this summer. The first of which is coming way to soon on June 7th.

I just haven't had a lot of time to keep up here. We've had some drastic changes this past month with the girls heading off to pre-school and I am exhausted. Add to that the weight gain of been seeing over the last few months and I am not in much of a writing mood.

But things are getting back on track. And I have to say it is kind of amazing to me that despite all the craziness I never once thought about abandoning my workouts. Two years ago those would have been the first thing to go when things got busy.

I am going to take one more week off from the weigh-in contest. I want one more week to get my weight back to something I'm not completly embarrassed by before I start things up again.

I promise I'll keep in touch.

Tony

6 comments:

Unknown said...

one week, but that's it. That same logic is what keeps away people from Weight-Watchers who reached a goal... but when they would backslide, refused to return until they were back at that goal. Just one more week. Period.

Ron said...

Sounds like your doing great with your workouts!!

Tony said...

You got it Cudgel. Thanks for the support guys.

Tony

Unknown said...

I'm giving myself the same ultimatum. After this weekend, I'm back on track. I plan on starting a training program to do a marathon in December. I also plan on eliminating almost all fast food and restaurant visits. Just one more week. :)

Andrew is getting fit said...

We should check up on each other. Monday I'm back on the straight and narrow as well.

Tony said...

Good plan Andrew! I can use all the prodding I can get.

And again congrats on the marathon.