Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Feels Like Starting Over

I am sore today.

I lifted weights for the first time in nearly 3 weeks yesterday and today I am feeling it. It made for a rough run on the treadmill this afternoon.

Since I was forced to watch a repeat of a Big 10 basketball game while running today (somebody beat me to the TV remote) I had lots of time to think and reflect.

Here's the conclusion I have come to...I am a little lost right now.

I don't have any new goals. I'm not even sure what I want my new goals to be.

I know I want to get my weight back on track. So I guess that is goal number 1.

I know I want to do more races and more Tri's this year. Although right now my motivation is to use them as workout incentives more than to try and be faster.

I had toyed with the idea of trying a half marathon this year, but I'm starting to think that is not in the works for the near future.

I am really proud of the amazing things I have done in the last two years.

Year one was all about dropping the weight.
Year to was all about becoming an athlete.
So what is year 3 going to be about?

At what point does it stop being about striving for huge accomplishments and just become a way of life?

The one thing I know for sure I want to focus on in the near future is my weight. I need to get things back on track. I want to make a serious effort to get to my new goal of 208.

Towards that end I have followed my friend Andrew and joined a weight loss competition / support group over at the blog Running Hoosier.

I figure I can use all the extra motivation I can get. Plus I think we weigh in on Mondays which will give me some added incentive to be good over the week ends.

Tony

1 comment:

Andrew is getting fit said...

Glad to see you in the challenge. I think being part of it will really help me focus on eating healthy. Hope it works for you too!